got a chest freezer to ferment in but....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donjonson

Reaction score
Now I want to store my already brewed beer in it. What system do you guys use to brew/store beer. Should I buy another fridge? I would like to keg sometime in the near future. I figured I could store my bottled beer and keg in the same fridge. Then ferment in the second fridge. What do you guys think? What kind of second fridge should I get?

You will most likely need to go the fridge route. Ideally the bigger inside the better. When I was searching for a fridge I kept coming across smaller ones that just wouldn't work. Finally I got a good sized one. Right now I am using a swamp cooler to ferment, but once my soon to be keezer arrives my fridge will be for fermenting and my freezer will be used for kegs, to lager and possibly cold crash if there is enough room. Otherwise the fridge will be used to cold crash.

There have been a ton of these threads lately. Looks like a lot of people want to keg.

Anyway, it is really up to you which route you go. Some people like keezers so people like upright fridge set ups. Each has their advantages and disadvantages.

I say get whatever you can find in good condition used. I like my chest freezer as my kegerator but I am looking into getting either a stand up fridge or mini fridge (and build a chamber) to ferment in.

Latest posts

Back