Ed's Pale Ale took my AG Cherry Yesterday!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks like the blanket was wicking water up, then the fan was cooling/evaporating the water. Must have been hot there...

Congrats on the AG voyage.

Yup, that's right!

I always do 5 gallon batches. This was my first AG and my first 11gallon batch. So after it was done I said crap I don't want to carry 88lbs into the basement. So I set up the fan and cool water bath and blanket to keep it cool. There is also a window in the garage and I need to keep beer out of the light.

2 batches brewed and drank in past 6 weeks..Got some thumbs up from graduation party goers. I pushed the time envelope..rack to corny after 8-9 days..force carbed for 3-4 days and started drinking it.

OK, I just pulled the blanket and took a good look at this beer and I have to say it looks like the clearest (used whirlfoc x2) and the lightest SRM I have ever made. I guess that's the advantage of going AG vs LME.

I'm never going back to the dark side.

darth-vader.jpg

fur elise isn't creepy at all.Now the 9th is creepy after watching a clockwork orange.Congrats on the first AG.oddly enough this recipe is going to be my first AG on saturday;)

Back