Almost ready to jump back in

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911A1

Reaction score
I'm just about to start on my 3rd batch after a couple of years away from it. This time I am going to skip the bottles and go straight to kegging, However, I may be setting myself up for disaster... Maybe.

This batch will be a cream stout, but from what I've read stouts can't be dispensed from a regular spout, which my kegerator will have, and some require a CO2/nitro mix and this is where I'm needing a little guidance.

I've decided to just get a kegging system with it's own CO2 tank and pouring spout specifically to use with ales, porters and stouts. I doubt I'll go for a Guiness type stout that if I'm not mistaken does require nitrogen, but what will I need for ales, porters and stouts?

Is any type of stout going to require this and certain type of spout? I'd hate to drop the bucks on a separate system get the wrong stuff with it.

So just a standard run of the mill kegerator will do the job?

When you say "that guinness style of delivery", you mean that thick head guinness has or just the way is poured? I guess this is where I'm getting lost or overthinking it.

Back