Out of gas, can I use co2 charger to keep lid sealed?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terrapinj

Reaction score
I was just getting ready to keg a blonde ale I would like to have carbonated and ready to serve next weekend. I also want to get it out of my ferm chamber (currently cold crashing) so that I can brew tomorrow.

I must have knocked a connection loose on my co2 lines as my 20# tank is empty. (thankfully not brand new)

I have 3 co2 cartridges and am not concerned about carbing this weekend but simply keeping the seal on the keg.

Do you think the 3 cartridges will be enough to keep the lid sealed with the beer at 36° until I can get the tank refilled on Monday?

yeah i debated warming it back up after racking to avoid extra co2 absorption at the lower rates but I'd also like to keep it cold to continue clarifying

I know this keg seals tight at least

i kegged yesterday around 2pm - immediately hit the keg with the co2 canister and relieved the pressure a few times to purge the o2 in headspace

i hit the trigger once or twice every few hours just to maintain a seal - went through 2 1/2 16g canisters and prob wasted 1/2 of one of those thinking it was empty and changing it too soon. i put it on gas tonight around 10pm and it was still holding a lot of pressure

def a feasible temp option to keep a keg sealed

Back