Brewing Heat Belt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have used them for 4 years with out any problems despite the fact that they say not to use on carboys. Ive been using on carboys for all that time with no problems. Just dont put it on a carboy thats been chilling at 36 * as the temp difference alone would crack the glass.

I used one in the Fall/Winter for my ales as my basement gets well below ideal temps. I like it, allows me to keep my fermenter in the basement rather than sitting in the living room/office/etc... I actually use it with one of THESE. Gives a good amount of control over ferment temps on the cheap (especially if you already have the dimmer laying around!) I have also tied a $10 heating pad around my fermenter and set it to medium... kept me in the 65-68ºF range. Hope this helps!

SinisterMinister said:
I used one in the Fall/Winter for my ales as my basement gets well below ideal temps. I like it, allows me to keep my fermenter in the basement rather than sitting in the living room/office/etc... I actually use it with one of THESE. Gives a good amount of control over ferment temps on the cheap (especially if you already have the dimmer laying around!) I have also tied a $10 heating pad around my fermenter and set it to medium... kept me in the 65-68ºF range. Hope this helps!

I was just thinking of a way to be sure that I would have complete controll. You gave that answer!!

thanks every one!! Off to order my belt and while I'm waiting I will get to home depote!!

homebrewer_99 said:
Incidently, the last item on that page, the lid remover cost 6.50...these are the same items sold in DIY (Menard's/Home Depot/Lowes) paint departments for $3...save over 50%. ;)

Actually, Lowes has that bucket lid remover for 99 cents.

Back