Beer bottled travel well?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KilhavenBrew

Reaction score
I have to drive about 12 hours across country. I wanted to bring beer with me. I bottle carbonate so there is sentiment at the bottom of the bottles. I can keep the beers cool on ice.

But what about bumbs and vibration from the drive? Does this kick up the sentiment? How long before the dust settles after a long drive?

Anyone try this?

I heard some people ship beer. I cannot believe that is good for the yeast kicking up. Anyone ship it?

my understanding is that as long as it's completely carbed and chilled for at least a week, the sediment should be pretty solid at the bottom until the seal is broken. I may be wrong, but I've never had any problems driving my homebrews around to parties, with them loosely bouncing around in a cooler full of salty ice.

I shipped two bottles of my ale to Gary at home brewer tv in Reno,Nevada,& they were clear & good when he tasted them in episode #38. Too bad it seems he didn't chill'em 1st. 62 bottles in that batch,& HE gets the one that over flowed a tiny bit.:eek: So just driving them chilled should be fine,as long as they were thoroughly chilled before hand. As was stated,it firms up the settlings at the bottom of the bottle.

Back