WA grape sourcing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mendozer

Reaction score
This fall, I'd like to make a 5 gallon batch of wine. Anyone know a vineyard owner who lets homebrewers pick small amounts for sale (or free!). We're talking like 30-50 lbs only.

most vineyards will sell grapes in large amounts but not small talk......good luck.....

I made contact with an enology professor at WSU because of my connection there. She put me in contact with a small vineyard/winery in Zillah that sells small quantities. Looking forward to making 5 gallons each of a Cab/merlot blend and a full Zinfandel.

Exciting stuff!

nice I did learn that Iowa State University will sell grapes in somewhat small quantities but I dont have the equipment to do real grapes yet so maybe ill have to wait.

haha or put plastic bags around your feet I was thinking about doing it that way too.

on a side note, i had an enology professor who would make a small batch of wine and kill the fermentation at 8% and make jelly out of it.....mmmm

get your morning off to a good start

that sounds like a good project for my montrachet yeast I have laying around....

Back