Hop Bursting Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmedved

Reaction score
So a couple weeks ago I brewed my first attempt at a hopburst IPA. Essentially I did two ounces each of cascade, centennial and chinook over the last 25 minutes of the boil.

Should I dry hop before bottling?

I would love to hear from people who have hopbursted with and without dry hopping.

Dry hopping is going to give you a different flavor/aroma than even the latest hop addition. And for an IPA I think this is definitely no harm in dry hopping. One of my favorite beers I've made is a hoppy amber/IPA hybrid that I hopbursted and dryhopped (http://www.brewbybrew.com/2011/02/little-rhody-red-hopburst-version.html) - took 3rd place in a local comp if that means anything to you.

As JLem said... dry hopping is going to be different than adding hops to hot wort. It will give you a lot of aroma and no bitterness. Definitely can add a lot of delicious smells if you use the right kind of hop.

Definitely dry hop! I keep almost all hops exclusively 15min and under for pale ales and IPAs, and always dry hop. They always come out great.

Latest posts

Back