Aunt Bea's Mild Brown Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScoutMan

Reaction score
This will be the first in a series of brews using the Andy Griffith Show as a basis for their names.

Down the road will be:
Otis's Oatmeal Stout
Andy's Amazin' Amber Ale
Fearless Fife's Hefeweizen

Aunt Bea's Mild Mannered Brown2.jpg

Now that has got to be one mild beer! I'm wondering what the beers will be like for Barny and more importantly Otis. :drunk:
Great idea.

In Burlington, Iowa, there used to be (I haven't been there for years, so I don't know if these establishments are still open or not) two adjoining establishments. One was strictly a restaurant with super good food and a very "homey" atmosphere - called Aunt Bea's. The adjoining establishment was a good time bar called . . . you guessed it - Otis Campbell's.

:)

I always thought it was a great idea and a great place to eat and drink. Hence, I also like your beer theme.

Orphy: I'll have to work on a recipe that would do justice to such fine piece of photography. Im thinking along the lines of "Shiny Hiney Blonde Ale" or "Trojan Brand Upskirt Ale"

Aunt Bea's Mild Manered Brown Ale: ABV:4.6%, IBU:17 SRM:22.9

3 lbs Extra Light DME
2 lbs Extra Light DME (late addition)
.5 lb Capapils
.5 lb 20L Crystal Malt
.5 lb 40L Crystal Malt
.5 lb Chocolate Malt
.5 lb Biscuit Malt
.5 lb Munich Malt
.75 oz Willamette(5.5%)(60 Min)
.25 oz Fuggles(4.5%) (20 min)
.5 oz Fuggles (4.5%) (5 Minutes)