New from Duluth, MN

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meadroid

Reaction score
I'm just getting started brewing. I started with an ad-hock batch of mead. We have bee hives so we have an excess of honey. I used the organic and some boiled and strained sour pie cherries (or the juice from the boiled cherries, rather... the cherries were picked recently off a long abandon farmstead.) I threw in a packet of dry generic 'brewer's yeast' (that I reconstituted first). This is just a gallon jug with an airlock. It is bubbling away nicely. It's a learning process though. Don't know how it will turn out.

I'm moving on to a batch of Sake (since I love cold Sake), as well as some Mead made using more typical yeast strains (wyeast, red star, etc). I think I might throw the actual cherries in a future batch as well to develop flavor. I want to get into beer eventually, but I have some gallon jugs and a few airlocks. As well as some food grade buckets I have from the grocery store. This seems like a good way to learn before I go buy a kit or whatever. Also, I'll be moving down to Minneapolis in a couple of months and I'll be close to some big brew stores.

Anyway, looking forward to learning a lot on these forums.

Latest posts

Back