TDF Shakeup 2008- Saunier Duval Withdraws!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glibbidy

Reaction score
Take back the tour right? Pfffffft!:(

Saunier Duval has withdrawn from the this years TDF.
I guess it was only a matter of time. Looks like the Cobra tested positive for EPO. He made everyone look like they were standing still on the Col de l'Aspin during stage nine.

Makes you wonder if the whole team is involved especially after Cobo Acebo and Piepoli laid waste to everyone on the Hautecam Monday (stage 10).

I just keep my fingers crossed that no one from Columbia or Garmin/Chipotle test positive. They're talking a big game with this anti-doping stuff but it doesn't help when everyday there is someone else getting busted.

I don't think Columbia is going to be able to put Kirchen back in Yellow. As far as Garmin goes if they stay clean and play their cards right it's possible that Vandevelde could bring a tour win back to the US.

Right now my money is on Frank Schlek, only because I don't think Lotto will be able to maintain this high of intensity thru the rest of the tour.

Back