how long does it take others to bottle a 5 gallon batch?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends on what size bottles you use. I use 32oz flip tops. Doesn't take long at all but sanitizing flip tops is a little more involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Really? I just take the tops off the bottles, toss them in a bucket of sanitizer, and sanitize the bottles as normal. Faster than capping I think.

Grolsch 15.2oz swing top bottles is where it's at. Swing tops are way worth the investment.

See if you can find a brand called "Hacker-Pschorr". Not very expensive (cheaper than Grolsch where I am), comes in 500 mL brown swing tops, labels float off in hot water, and the beer is decent to boot. I've got six dozen, thinking of getting more.

Really? I just take the tops off the bottles, toss them in a bucket of sanitizer, and sanitize the bottles as normal. Faster than capping I think.

I just remove the gaskets and put them in Starsan, sanitize the bottles with a Vinator using Starsan, and swirl the ceramic part of the swing top in the bowl of the Vinator before I plop it on the bottle tree.

I just buy grolsch. It's $8 for a for pack. So $2 a bottle. Sometimes I dump the beer just for the bottle. I really don't care for grolsch.

Back