Scored my $25 fridge finally!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akthor

Reaction score
After months of scouring the want ads in my area I finally scored a used fridge. Wanted for free or damn cheap. I also didn't want to drive more than 50 miles to get it.

Everytime I find one and call it is gone already. Same as today the lady said the guy was coming to get it at 12pm. I left her my number in case he didn't show and it's 8:30pm and she just called said he no showed and I could come get it tommorow! :ban::ban::ban::ban:

Just going to be using it (for now) to carb my kegs in. Yippee no more carrying frozen bottles of water up and down the stairs!

Very cool. Im looking for a mini fridge as well. Have about 5 emails out to people on craigslist but no one wants to respond???

Lucky. Persistence pays off I guess huh? May have to do this myself when I get a house....

Did you have better luck on Craigslist or in the newspaper?

Congrats on the find. I just got my kegerator together a few weeks ago myself. I tried the
CL thing and found some good fridges but they were too expensive, I was looking for old style single door type fridges. I found one for $50 but the guy said that the cord was damaged and he couldn't even plug it in so I could verify that the compressor would turn on. Uhh, no thanks. A buddy of mine found me an apartment sized fridge for free and even delivered it to me for free! Now I just got to get my kegs filled again.

This is a full size fridge, holds four kegs, it's not pretty. CL was a bust for me but I live in the country so.... Found it on local want ads. Got it home today it's fugly but works good.

I gotta start another thread with pics asking for tips on refinishing and drilling so check it out soon.

Back