A toast to my dad

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poobah58

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry to bum everyone out but my 74yr old father fell and hit is head in the bathroom a week ago Sunday. Emergency brain surgery, another heart attack and seizures has left us no with hope. As per his wish, we will pull the plug Sunday evening. Join me in a toast to Art and for my mother's sake pray for a speedy trip to the sky above....

I lost my dad two years ago after a long illness...he was 87....

I am heading for the kitchen to get a beer to drink in your padre's memory..

If you need to talk about this, I am a PM away...and I have a good ear..it comes with the vocation, and the nifty white collar....

:mug:
And prayers for you and your dad tonight!!!!

Deepest condolences. May his spirit and your families spirits find peace.

To Art.

Cheers, Art! (I'll actually raise a glass tonight. It's a bit early at the moment! Oh what the hell. I have a bit left in my glass from last night!) CHEERS!

Sorry to hear! He got to live to see his Granddaughter graduate College, I know lots who don't live to see that, mine included.

Bottoms up! not sure what to say other than I will have you in my thoughts whilst I have a brew. Heres to Art.

8/30/09, 4:40PM
RIP Dad...
Thank you for all your kind words. There are many great people on this website. That's why I am a lifetime member.

In the mean time, I have a Belgian Tripel with my name on it.....................

8/30/09, 4:40PM
RIP Dad...
Thank you for all your kind words. There are many great people on this website. That's why I am a lifetime member.

In the mean time, I have a Belgian Tripel with my name on it.....................

I've been thinking about you and your family and your dad all day. I didn't think you'd be on tonight, but I wanted you to know that I've been with you in spirit since I woke up this morning.

My heartfelt condolences on your loss. I have no beer chilled but I am raising a glass of Havill's Mead in his honor

Latest posts

Back