Damn I'm sick of this heat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Where the hell is winter. I brewed a batch on my back patio today and sweated my ass off. 82F. Ugh. Better get cold by Christmas.

I'm sort of joking, because I know a lot of you have cold weather already. But I'm also 100% serious. Ugh.

I was just thinking the same thing. I was at lunch in ybor and the news was on. It showed a map with the high temps for the US and Florida was a good 30 degrees hotter than everywhere else. I want cold weather now!

Have some of our cold weather. Brewing at low 30's today/tonight.

Hey guys, turn your speakers up so you can hear me playing the violin for you. Boo-hoo, it's too warm!:p

Seriously, I love winter so much. I live to ski. I think about snow when I'm at the beach in July.

Brewing in the winter has it's pros and cons. On the plus side, keeping my ferm. temps under control is much easier, but cleanup is much more involved. In spring/summer/fall, I just empty my mash tun into the compost pile and hose it out, but in winter that's just not possible. I end up making a huge mess inside trying to clean everything up!

PS... the nightly lows for the next few days won't get above +2F up here in the Mountains!

It's 21F here right now with a light dusting of snow. It is always fun driving on the black ice. Froze my digits off brewing today.

Where the hell is winter. I brewed a batch on my back patio today and sweated my ass off. 82F. Ugh. Better get cold by Christmas.

I'm sort of joking, because I know a lot of you have cold weather already. But I'm also 100% serious. Ugh.

Here's some winter pics. to help cool you off.

Duluth_Wintertime.JPG

SeaCaves_11_07-5.JPG

winter2.JPG

Hope that helps.

Yeah, it's weird running the A/C in December. Had that happen one year in SoCal. The next June, it was so cold I turned the furnance on!

If it's too warm for you to brew down there, you're more than welcome to come up to NY and brew (so long, of course, as you leave some samples here as well!)

Brewed last night with the temp somewhere in the 20 degree range here. Thank god for plenty of homebrews to keep us warm!

Let's switch houses in the winter... My wife and I will snow-bird and you can come up north in the winter. Get all the cold rain you want....

yeah, go to h*ll. I can't brew period, because my back patio is covered in snow, and I can't shovel it off because it's frozen to the ground. 6F this morning. 82F isn't even "hot", especially to a floridian.

It was below zero with the windchill when I left for work this morning. I think we might get to 15 or so degrees by 2PM this afternoon. I'd rather deal with 82 degrees, myself.

Yeah, it's weird running the A/C in December. Had that happen one year in SoCal. The next June, it was so cold I turned the furnance on!

and the world didn't blow up the following year??? I thought this global warming stuff was gonna end our existence soon, hmm... maybe it's just weather after all.

Yeah, it was 9* in Chicago when I got home last night. I don't want to hear you asking for cold weather ;)

If it's too warm for you to brew down there, you're more than welcome to come up to NY and brew (so long, of course, as you leave some samples here as well!)

Brewed last night with the temp somewhere in the 20 degree range here. Thank god for plenty of homebrews to keep us warm!

I went to SUNY B so I know all about the evil upstate winters. However, Binghamton is in the "Rain Belt". Everyone else, Albany, Oneonta, Ithaca would get snow and we would get rain....8 days a week...

I went to SUNY B so I know all about the evil upstate winters. However, Binghamton is in the "Rain Belt". Everyone else, Albany, Oneonta, Ithaca would get snow and we would get rain....8 days a week...

Ahhh, yes. That brings back up memories of driving from Albany to Alfred (went to school at Alfred U) and thinking I was going to have just some snow flurries to deal with for the entire drive, getting to Binghamton and seeing that it's freezing rain there. Always added a sense of excitement to the trip!

We had -30 F two nights ago. The crappy rental house I live in was between 58 and 60 degrees when I woke up. The beer I have in the bottles carbonating at "room temperature" was cold to the touch. I had to move it to my bedroom which stays around 70. We are having a bit of a heat wave now though. It's 20 degrees above zero. I better dig out my flip flops.

Yeah, in the 20s in MA today. I would love to be in Clearwater. I go to Largo every March and love that whole area.

Not sure if I could leave the New England winters though. .. .as insane as that sounds. . . .;)

Ahhh, yes. That brings back up memories of driving from Albany to Alfred (went to school at Alfred U) and thinking I was going to have just some snow flurries to deal with for the entire drive, getting to Binghamton and seeing that it's freezing rain there. Always added a sense of excitement to the trip!

I dated a gal that went to Alfred U.. Ahh the hot dog festival and that restaurant that has all the Greek paddles. Best FF and brown gravy ever! Yeah Binghamton...rain and more rain. I guess that is why it is such a good school... bad weather kept us all indoors

Ha in NC we got 30 and 40s and im in coveralls. I dont need anything colder than that. 1 to 3 snows a year is good for me, but them folks in Florida dont even get 1 usually. So I dont know why they are complaining about too hot.

Also I will be driving to Swmbo house on friday wich is in Albany. We go right through Bing. to get there. But the only place calling for snow rain or other wise is down here in NC.

Sounds like a lot of Al Gore fans,
Just broke into the low teens today in Chippewa Falls, haven't had to run my AC in a couple months

Back