• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

50ft 304 SS 1/2" 0.020" Wall Tubing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahave

Reaction score
I have for sale one 50ft roll of 304 SS 1/2" tubing. I am trying to be as up front as possible with this sale, as the roll is certainly not in a "like new condition". The roll was purchased with the intent of coiling by hand a 12" to 14" diameter. I made it to about 18" and the roll started to kink. The kinks were not too bad so I kept going. I got to 16" before calling it quits; I simply didn't feel comfortable coiling it by hand any further. If I could use a 16" coil, I would use it as is, but since I am making this for a HERMS keggle project, 16" will not work.

Free standing the coil is about 24" tall with 11 coils in a 16-17" diameter. Compressed, the coil is less than 8" tall. The tubing has six kinks throughout the 50ft length. I marked and measured each of the kinks which are identified below:

Coil # - Kink # - Local Minimum Diameter
1 - 1 - 0.28"
2 - 2 - 0.32"
3 - No kink(s)
4 - No kink(s)
5 - No kink(s)
6 - 3 - 0.36"
7 - 4 - 0.37"
8 - 5 - 0.35"
9 - 6 - 0.30"
10 - No kink(s)
11 - No kink(s)

Using a hand micrometer, the thinnest part of a un-kinked section is about 0.46" to 0.48", this is because of the distortion you get when coiling a 1/2" tube (think oval). The worst case kink is 0.28", which is pretty bad. The good thing is this is within the first half revolution on one side and could be easily removed.

The coil is for sale as is for $60 shipped (48 states). Local pickup is of course an option. Attached below are some photos.

Back