Hello from the Southeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick_R

Still Love Fried Chicken
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just a quick hello from a new guy to the forums. Back in 2003 (I believe) I bought all of the equipment and brewed a couple of batches that turned out well and a third that was tossed. It was a busy time and brew days were always rushed, so for one reason or another I stopped after the bad batch.

Decide to get started again and began planning to set up shop in my shop. It has a 20X30 unheated/uncooled area and a 20X10 heated/AC area but, at the moment, is a wreck in both sides and in need of cleaning out prior to becoming my brew area.

However, while visiting Mobile with SWMBO, on impulse we stopped at a homebrew shop and ended up buying a brew kit for me (a True Brew Nut Brown Ale) and a wine kit for her. I've never brewed from a kit before but thought I'd go ahead and give one a try. It's an "All Malt" kit that contains 1 lb of "special" dark brown sugar (I guess it's special because it's brown sugar that passes itself off as malt -- or perhaps I'm missing what the phrase "all malt" means).

I'm brewing the kit tonight on the stove (partial boil), following fairly closely to the kit directions, and making plans for future brews.

So, again, hello to all.

Rick

Hi, Rick. Welcome to HBT. There are a bunch of us from the southeast on here, so you should feel at home.

Chad

Back