Fermenting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Creepersale

Reaction score
I've been fermenting In my primary for one week today. At lunch I still have bubbles coming out of air lock about 4-5 a minute. Is this unusual? to go this long bubbling for seven days. And also looked in for the first time. Look to still have a nice white creamy head. It had kind of a fruity smell also. Any info ????

I've got a Belgian Tripel in a carboy. Afte 24 hours ha good activity and nice krausen layer. 24 hours later that layer is gone and it is totally cloudy! Infection? Still bubbling pretty good

image-3183008001.jpg

It is infected, probably not salvagable.

Infected as well. Send it to my address and I will test it for you!

I've got a Belgian Tripel in a carboy. Afte 24 hours ha good activity and nice krausen layer. 24 hours later that layer is gone and it is totally cloudy! Infection? Still bubbling pretty good

View attachment 46769

i highly doubt either of you have anything going wrong with your beer. it sounds very normal. RDWHAHB.

BTW, if you wanna send samples to someone so you know for sure, don't send them to a troll, send them to the helpful guy. i can PM you my address. :ban::ban::mug::ban::ban:

It's hard to say what's "unusual" for beer with the exception of something extremely odd. Bubbles coming out of the airlock is not odd, it quite normal. Sometimes you will see very few, other times the airlock will blast out of the bunghole and spray beer on the ceiling.

I wouldn't worry. Cool temperatures, yeast pitching procedures (not using a starter), high gravities, etc. all can make a fermentation go longer. I've had strong lagers bubble slowly away for 3 weeks.

I've just never seen a fermentation go so cloudy. I pitched a starter also. It smells fine so I'll just wait to see what happens.

Thanks for the info ! I was thinking all was well but wasn't sure thanks again. I think I'll go ahead and wait the condition then bottle. P. S. This is my first batch ! Be waiting to try my first BREW. !!

Back