Schraderbrau! Homebrewing in pop culture.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krovitz

Reaction score
Hello Fellas,

This work day is dragging and I've been trying to think of a light hearted discussion to help pass the time. So I'm wondering where you have seen homebrewing in movies or on tv. Was it funny, stupid, spot-on?

I'll get this ball rolling. In Breaking Bad (btw, if, like me, you haven't seen this show, get the first season now, thank me later) one of the characters homebrews Schraderbrau in his garage. He was bottling unsanitized caps just sitting on the counter! They also got some bottle bombs going off.

Well that's all I got. Not particularly funny, but they seemed to be on track without any of the old homebrew stereotypes. Let me hear what you've spotted.

JordanThomas said:
Breaking bad is the best.

You are correct, it's the greatest show I've ever seen. Don't know why its taken so long to watch it. Just finished season 3 last night. Please, no spoilers!

Drew Carey Show. Specifically the episode where the Spanish Fly stuff was accidentally poured into their beer.

Oldest was an episode of Threes Company where Mr. Roper brewed his own. (Peanut beer, IIRC) He gave Jack a glass to try and Jack says, "What's all that stuff swimming around in there?" to which Mr. Roper replied, "Those are hops." Jack's retort was, "Ok, what are all those things HOPPING around in there?"

Laurel and Hardy in "Jailbirds" AKA "Pardon Us" 1931 Their first full length feature film.

Beer barons, Stan and Ollie decide to make their own beer and wind up in prison..

Funny, and like most movies of that time period not PC according to todays standards.

bosco

Laurel and Hardy in "Jailbirds" AKA "Pardon Us" 1931 Their first full length feature film.

Beer barons, Stan and Ollie decide to make their own beer and wind up in prison..

Funny, and like most movies of that time period not PC according to todays standards.

bosco

Shoot, I think I remember that from Way back! (From my childhood, not from back when L and H were making movies... I'm not THAT old!)

Latest posts

Back