Carbonation Cap Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garcara

Reaction score
When using a carbonation cap to make your beer mobile do you need anything special to fill the 2 liter from the keg?

When using a carbonation cap to make your beer mobile do you need anything special to fill the 2 liter from the keg?
You don't even need the Carbonator Cap. They're not made for transporting beer. Their main advantage is for carbonating you beer without priming sugar or quick carbing outside of the keg. If it's already carbed you don't need to pay $15 for a cap. Use the original cap that came with the PET bottle.

Thanks guys. So the special carbing stuff is just to either quickly carb your beer or to keep it for a long time?

Yeah pretty much, when I am draining my fermenter, I usually have a few quarts left which I drain into a 2L and cap and carb to sample that day. Works out quite well.

You can also use the carbonator caps to make soda water and soft drinks; fruit juices too.

Latest posts

Back