Beer Smith 'Taste Notes'

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

banks412

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm still pretty green with using Beer Smith, but slowly I'm getting the hang of it. My question today is around the Taste Notes - in my recipe, my total IBU's come to 37.4 (well within my desired range). When I print the 'Brew Steps', the 'Taste Notes' report IBU's of 41.6. Can someone please help me understand this discrepancy? :confused::drunk::confused:

Thanks in advance guys - happy brewing! ;):rockin:;)

Check your recipe under the taste notes (last tab in your recipe). Is there anything typed into the comment box? If so, erase it and your problem will go away. In any of my reports, the taste notes only pops up when something has been entered into the comment box. Other than that, there is no IBU value reported under taste notes, so you will need to take a screen shot or share your recipe as a .bmx file for me to see what is happening.

That was it - thanks for the info. I don't remember entering the info into the notes section. Does it get populated automatically at some point in the design process?

Either way - thanks for the assist. I've been watching some of Brad Smith's YouTube videos on setting up equipment profiles and such and already feel better about the setup of my system. Fingers crossed it'll only get better from here!

Thanks,
Tim

Back