Brew hiatus, going under the knife on Wed!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Balue

Reaction score
Well less than a week ago I was able to get my latest IPA kegged and on tap, should be good to go in another week or so alongside the SWMBO WIT that just finished carbing up. So Keggerator is freshly stocked. I have 2-3 cases in bottle reserve.

Now my problem, I will be going under the knife on Wednesday for a patch job. Yeah one of those heavy lifting accidents. Well doc said for first couple weeks I cannot even lift a full growler. Then he said no heavy lifting i.e... full fermenters/brew pots for a couple months! :(

Looks like my pipeline will be depleted in no time. I wasn’t able to get a brew day in this weekend to help since have lots to do to get ready around the house before I am out of commission.

Well guess I will live vicariously through this forum on all the great brews coming up.

On a side note the new IPA was 9 hops and tastes AWSEOME!! :rockin: :mug:

OK just had to release some frustration.

Sorry to hear Balue. Consider it a Market Research period in your brew career. Time to stock up on various styles and examples of those styles that you've not brewed yet.

Been there done that...My ribs are still tender from the open heart surgery. It's pretty common to not be able to lift anything larger than a milk jug (5 pounds) post surgery...

Good luck!!!

:mug:

It's a good opportunity to train someone to fetch your beer for you. Maybe find someone interested in brewing and they can make a couple of batches for you. Gotta look for some positives here, bro.

Good luck!

Guess when your back to full health you're going to have a seriously full brew schedule to build that pipeline back up!

Well surgery went ok, the doc did say it was a bad one. Then bladder decided not to work so had to go back to hospital for an ER visit in the middle of the night. Very unpleasant fix for that and i will leave it at that! Then had a reaction to pain pills started to itch and BP dropped way to low. So recovery has been painful only being able to take tylonol. But at least i am on the right road now! Damn i could use a homebrew! Oh well another week or so hopefully!

Hope for a speedy recovery. When it comes to lifting things, start with 12 ounces, then you can move on to 22 ounces, and before you know you'll be up to a growler.:mug:

Back