Party-Star Deluxe Mini-Keg System/Tap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoaringBrewer

Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone's thoughts were on this setup? Besides the obvious "you can buy three 5 gallon corny kegs and a real CO2 setup for the price of $105"...

I'm well aware I could start kegging "for real" for the cost of this thing, but I don't have a refridgerator to dedicate to a 5 gallon keg/tap. So... the mini-kegs would fit nicely in the top of the family refridgerator.

Not to mention, it would also be great for taking a mini-keg or two to a friends house for a night of leisurely drinking among 2-5 friends... Note: leisurely as in, no way you are going to kill 5g.

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/products/ProdByID.aspx?ProdID=4897

Thoughts? Concerns?

My only question other than getting your general thoughts is, do you still prime/carb these things? I'm assuming yes b/c there is no way you are going to force carb 5L with a 16g CO2 cartridge? Pardon the newbish question, but I don't know a ton about kegging (hence another reason I want to take an introductory step into it by maybe mini-kegging).

I've never used them, but I would think that's the way to go if you don't have the space for cornies and want to keg some beer. I know a lot of guys in the UK use similar mini-kegging systems.

I'm sure you could prime it as you would when bottling and let it naturally carbinate. I think you can even do this with cornies (although I personally wouldn't bother). I also wonder if there some kind of adapter where you could hook up a CO2 tank and force carb / maintain pressure. I would think those little CO2 cartridges might get expensive.

Back