Curious activity

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewtah

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am seeing airlock activity after failed attempt to check gravity. Using a baster I tryed to extract wort from the glass carboy. Suction was not working properly, so after 5 trys I stopped. It has worked previously. Now I am getting airlock activity. I didn't move carboy at all. Previous reading was 1.005. I am thinking i introduced oxygen :confused:. Would this cause the activity?
Thanks

any little thing can cause airlock activity, has nothing to do with fermentation. However, with the airlock bubbling, it tells you that any oxygen that might have been introduced is being pushed out, thats a good thing!!
personally, I would give it enough time to be completely sure fermentation is complete if you can't get another FG. however at 005 I would assume it is finished. However a little more time to be sure won't hurt.

Don't worry about airlock activity. It really means nothing. Lots of thing can cause a brew to off gas.

Think this one is done fermenting?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back