My First Years Centennial Harvest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arneba28

Reaction score
So I went with 3 rhisomes this year, Centennial, Magnum and Willamette. Planted all three about 4 feet apart. The Willamette was slightly cracked when it went into the ground and never sprouted. The Magnum was very slow to start and topped out this year at about 3.5 ft., but is very healthy looking. The centennial was my best hope for hops but due to some sketcky weather this year, 2 hail storms that damaged the top sprout and I seem to have alot of bug eating. I harvested 15 cones, yes thats it, 15 cones off of my centennial today and dried them in my Dehydrator on the lowest setting of 95degF. For a grand total of .............. .1oz. Yes that is a point 1 ounces. They smell great, a nice bright light green. So maybe a slight dry hopping or something on my next light beer. Better luck next year.

That is ok, next year will be a lot better, I had .60 oz. on my first year centennial, from what I gather here, you will be surprised what a 2 year on up plant will produce, thats what Im counting on anyway, good luck.:mug:

Latest posts

Back