Priming, not sure how much beer I have...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dandw12786

Reaction score
So I brewed my third and fourth all grain batches a couple days ago, and I'm apparently still trying to get my process nailed down. I followed my handy-dandy iphone brewing apps, and ended up with far more wort than I expected. One batch was probably at least 6.5 gallons, and another at least 6. Good news, I hit my gravities on the nose, so my efficiencies apparently rocked... though I don't know how much, since I don't know how much wort I have.

I sorta have a plan when I bottle, but would like to run it by others first. I plan on making enough priming solution for 5 gallons, then, when my bottling bucket hits the 5 gallon mark, check where I'm at on the other one, and make up a quick mini batch of priming sugar for the leftover amount. Is there an easier, more obvious way of doing this that I'm missing, or is that the best way of going about this?

Back