Some 17 yr. old Punk drank my beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ivan Lendl

Reaction score
actually him and a few of his friends are the only ones at my work who WILL drink it. Its funny all the 'adults' are beer snobs, and look down on homebrewing and say things like, "you make your own beer?...i bet its not good though!" They think that if it doesnt taste as 'good' as busch, then its not up to thier standards...by contrast my mohawked, doc marten shoed, sub-human patch wearing coworker LOVEs it.(hes not just a stupid kid looking for a cheap buzz either, hes lived in Germany and knows good beer)...

i have to agree with Pete Townshend...The kids ARE allright!

Funny--my coworkers tend to have just the opposite reaction. They always seem to eagerly anticipate the opportunities they get to sample my wares.

This may because I already had a reputation as a good cook and a bit of a beer/wine snob before I took up homebrewing, so they probably assume that I wouldn't offer to share if the beer weren't good.

It's funny when people "see the light". I had an old friend over a couple weeks ago who doesn't even like darker beers... he fell in love with our Scotch ale and is still talking about it. Unfortunately, there will always be those close-minded types who consider Busch/Bud/Miller to be "real beer". Poor souls...

Bjorn Borg said:
i have to agree with Pete Townshend...The kids ARE allright!
Don't go shouting quotes like that to him though..... It really shows your age ;) :D

ablrbrau said:
IMHO, it doesn't matter how old they are. They're YOUR kids; if you think they can have a beer then they can have a beer. :off:

I agree...I've been drinking since I was 15 (I'm 24 now), with my parents permission. They always made sure I was very responsible about it (i.e. if I had friends over they weren't allowed to drive home, etc). They figured, I'll probably be drinking anyway (which I would have:D ), so they might as well make sure I'm being responsible about it. I think parents get too uptight about alcohol; they drill the "evils" of it into their kids heads so much, that of course the kids are going to want to try it.

Back