Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talleymonster

Reaction score
SWMBO and I bought GH3 last night. It's sweet! I can't even feel my fingers, and we're on the easiest setting! SWMBO just beat the game (before I did:mad:)!

632rue1.jpg

There's some awesome songs on there!

sweet! i've been contemplating getting that, but i want to demo it somewhere first. being a guitar player, i'm wondering if it's just going to annoy me not playing a real guitar! :D

That games addicting, but I won't get it. I read about how it damages your ability to play real guitar, which is my other big hobby. I might get rock band and always be the drummer. I suck at drums in RL.

I had a friend over last night and we beat it on medium (co-op). we had both crushed medium setting on GH 2. I can't seem to make the jump to hard though.

DaveyBoy said:
Can I use this as my avatar? :)

I've heard a bunch of people say that game is great.

Sure! You can immortalize me! That's cool. My fingers are so numb that I can't type that well!:drunk:

Guitar Hero 1 -> Beaten on Expert

Guitar Hero 2 -> Beaten on Expert (First Day)

Guitar Hero 80's Edition (Refuse to Play)

Guitar Hero 3 -> Soon to beat on Expert

We unlocked the Dragonforce song after the first day - just wow. I dream of finishing that song on hard one day, let alone expert.

I havent played 3 yet, looking forward to it though.
If you want a similar game that is insanely challenging try beat mania and get the jap imports.

Jester369 said:
Being a guitar player, i'm wondering if it's just going to annoy me not playing a real guitar! :D
It's going to annoy you. Trust me.

My nieces have that game. It's more like operating a blender than playing a guitar.

A friend brought it over last night and we all played. They were all like - "You play guitar, you should be good at this." It's a video game. It's all about timing buttons to stuff happening on the screen. That's not to say that I didn't enjoy playing it, but don't expect it to be even remotely close to really playing the guitar.

We picked it up at 12:01 AM on Sunday when it came out, and by 4:30AM when the roommates had given up on it I was busy beating my head against the wall with the last song on medium (devil went down to georgia battle)

Such a great game. I'm liking it better than GH2, for various reasons - both had good songs, but I like the new guitar better and the hammer-ons are just so much easier this time around.

Interesting what you guys say about playing the real guitar. All three of the people I know who play real guitars are also the best guitar hero players I know - all have beaten most or all of expert, and all of them learned the game much faster than the rest of us. Of course, I don't think any of them would say it really benefits their real guitar playing abilities...

My wii number is 0739 4646 6713 9984
add me! been wanting to try the GH3 online thing.

I got tired of hearing everyone talk about guitar hero so I jumped on the bandwagon and bought it last night. I can see what all the hype is about. It's a blast! Except I found I can't play it much more that about 30 minutes at a time. After staring at all the notes fly at you over and over my eyes start playing tricks on me and everything I look at is moving. Kinda trippy, but makes my head hurt. Oh, I have a wii as well so once I get practiced up I'll do some online play with ya'll.

I love the Southpark episode where Stan's dad thinks he's going to impress all the kids by pulling out his real guitar and nailing the song they were "guitar hero" playing. They're all like, "real guitars are so lame". Then the guitar hero guru kid played a few songs acoustically and it sounded just like you'd expect, plastic buttons being tapped.

Bobby_M said:
I love the Southpark episode where Stan's dad thinks he's going to impress all the kids by pulling out his real guitar and nailing the song they were "guitar hero" playing. They're all like, "real guitars are so lame". Then the guitar hero guru kid played a few songs acoustically and it sounded just like you'd expect, plastic buttons being tapped.

Guitar queer-o is a great episode. I just don't get the appeal of that game. If you're going to spend the time playing a fake guitar, why not just do it for real?

i cant stand guitar hero.:mad:

being a guitar player, i feel like an idiot when i cant pass any of the songs and then my no-rhythm, unmusical friends whoop my ass and laugh.

Hey now, don't hate cuz you stink! :p

I can't put much time into the game, but it's a ton of fun. My only musical experience is playing the violin thru high school, which I think probably helped me tremendously. If nothing else, you can't argue that the game will help you with shifting positions and rhythm on the higher difficulties.

I five stared all the mediums, and am slowly cranking my way down thru hard.

i know i know....its just that maybe if the people putting so much time and effort into guitar hero would do the same with real instruments, maybe we would have some new revolutionary music on our hands:cross:

I think there would be a lot more people interested in playing guitar if their first song was "Slow Ride" instead of "Mary had a Little Lamb".

I like guitar hero, but like DDR better. There's something about a dance workout that makes you feel like you're actually doing something productive instead of playing only video games. Plus it's easier to rub it in those smug little faces when your kids say "dad you can't play DDR because you'll suck at this game" and then you show THEM who's boss BOO YEA!!!

Latest posts

Back