Best place to buy a kit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bizwald

Reaction score
I'm going to be picking up my first kit sometime soon, but I don't know where to buy it from, or what kind of kit to buy. I want something that is going to be pretty user-friendly and fairly inexpensive (standard beginner stuff), but I'm ready for a challenge and want to make some quality beer out of this. Any tips or recommendations?

Also, did everyone here use bottling equipment for this their first time? I've been told to use 20 oz pop bottles just because it's cheap, but that doesn't sound like a great idea.

I have gotten my equipment and kits from a few diferent places on the internet and from my local home brew supply store.

If you have a local store, I sugest going there to get your equipment and beginers kit. If for nothing else but having a real person tell you how it all works face to face.

I hate to tell you this, but I've only heard horror stories from people that try to home brew without a store within driving distance. try to find one. That being said, if you can find a liquor store that sells beer in returnable bottles, jump on it, because for $1.20, you can get 24 good bottles and a great box, but you didn't hear it from me.

Latest posts

Back