Worried about Conan going to Tonight Show

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nexus555

Reaction score
I don't know why. But I love Late Night with Conan O'Brien. He is very witty, quick, and I like how he brings the audience into the show. I used to not like Conan that much. To be honest, I think his earlier stuff was kind of lame. But he developed into an excellent late night host (except his musical guest, but that's probably an NBC thing.)

Anyways I like Jay Leno too, but I think in 08 (correct me if I'm wrong) he's either retiring or just doesn't want to keep going with it. Conan will take the place of Leno (which I think is well deserved.)

The thing I'm worried about is how Conan will act being the first late night show, probably a new studio (bigger) and way more viewers. I'm hoping the new studio/bigger audience doesn't stop his craziness that he has. For example, I hope he still brings the audience in on jokes, do silly things like stare at Max Weinberg, do his funny intro and such. I'm also hoping Max and the crew doesn't leave either (but I do love Kevin Eubanks too.)

Also it's going to be interesting if they move the show too. Conan is in New York and The Tonight Show is in Burbank CA. It will be interesting to see how everything plays out.

I guess we'll just have to see how it plays out at the end. Anyways, enough of my pointless post!

The viewers of the Tonight Show are a very different group than the Late Show. Unfortunately I think this means there will be changes when Conan gets his promotion.

omniscientomar said:
Ok, this is where I sound like an old man but... Dude, I'm never up anywhere near that late!

Yep. I feel you pain, old man. 10 PM is bed time for me (unless I'm brewing).

omniscientomar said:
Ok, this is where I sound like an old man but... Dude, I'm never up anywhere near that late!

Oh no me neither. I used to watch Conan (central time) and get up at 6am for school. I definitely cannot do that anymore. I do catch the tonight show occasionally on Fridays, maybe I will more when Conan moves up.

I love leno, and letterman is just ok, nothing more, but IMO conan sucks. I will not watch when conan steps up.

Latest posts

Back