• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS: 30 Amp GFCI Cord, AS IS!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBobsBrews

Reaction score
I bought this cord after reading Kal's articles on electricbrewery.com from Friesen electric last December. Ultimately I discovered I have 50 amp service available and never actually used the cord.

Now here's the AS IS part:

When plugged into a 30 amp dryer outlet (which I wired myself) for some reason it only reads 75V between either hot line & the neutral line. It still reads 240V between the 2 hot lines & the GFCI will pop when you hit the test button. I don't know why it's doing this, whether it can be fixed, or whether the problem lies in my dryer outlet wiring.

I paid $77 + S&H for this cord, only asking $60, shipped.

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Theo

2011-12-06_17-16-41_569.jpg

I'm interested. Do you think this will have any issues delivering the required 240 20-23 amps of most electric breweries?

I bought this cord after reading Kal's articles on electricbrewery.com from Friesen electric last December. Ultimately I discovered I have 50 amp service available and never actually used the cord.

Now here's the AS IS part:

When plugged into a 30 amp dryer outlet (which I wired myself) for some reason it only reads 75V between either hot line & the neutral line. It still reads 240V between the 2 hot lines & the GFCI will pop when you hit the test button. I don't know why it's doing this, whether it can be fixed, or whether the problem lies in my dryer outlet wiring.

I paid $77 + S&H for this cord, only asking $60, shipped.

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Theo

2011-12-06_17-16-41_569.jpg

So it sounds like either defective GFCI or the wiring is messed up. What do they read relative to ground? (Sounds like Neutral isn't connected).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back