Outdoor Cooker Help...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kinison_fan

Reaction score
I've found two; anybody have one of these and how do you like them:

Target-
"The Original" Outdoor Cooker Model 2515
Q's
What are the BTUs of the burner (it is not on the box)?
How sturdy is the pot?
Square base looks solid
I can't find it on their website to get the specs

Lowes-
Eastman Outdoor, Model 38021 ("Commercial Grade")
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=5375-40278-38021&lpage=none
They had one out on display, the pot looks pretty solid
65000 BTU burner
Tripod Base

Both were $30 and I'm going to return one of them.
I'm leaning towards keeping the Eastman model, but would prefer the square base over the tripod design. I'm guessing the burner on the Target model is probably less than 65K since it is not on the specs on the box. :drunk:

Would appreciate your comments on either if you have them (especially the BTUs of the Target model).

Thanks!

It would be easier to tell which is better if you posted pics of the burners, and the regulators

I have the one from Lowe's. The base was surprisingly sturdy. Used it for a 3 gallon boil and plan on doing a full boil in the near future. Of course I bought it before the sale but still feel it was worth it.

either will work. i'm sure the target one is 25,000btu or higher, which is 4x more btu's than a kitchen stove.

one of my burners is a tripod...no issues. if it really bothers you, you could drill the feet, and mount it to a 2'x2' piece of plywood.

my other burner is a KAB5, so I took a 2'x2' plywood sheet, and glued four 12"x12" ceramic tiles to it, cuz I thought it might scorch my deck. it also makes a nice 'catch my boilover' surface, vs. a wood deck.

A quick google search puts that Target model at 54kBTU. If the eastman is sturdy enough I would keep that one due to the output and stronger pot.

I must be dense on searching, how did you find it on Google? I started there before posting here and found everything but this unit. I searched:
-Target outdoor cooker
-Model 2515
-Target 2515
-2515 fryer
-2515 cooker
-Original Outdoor Cooker 2515
-Target Cooker 2515
-etc, etc...

The only thing that really matched was a San Fran CL listing for this one for $50.
You can buy the thing full price for $37 at Target.

I also searched here before posting. I know I read a thread here about a Target cooker about two weeks ago, but I could not find it. The search here brought up a thread from 2006, but there was no model number.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback. I'll keep the Eastman from Lowes. Good to hear from someone that has used it.

Anybody want to buy a great cooker from Target for $50? ...:p

First I found one on craigslist listed as 54Kbtu, then I think I found a link to a target website confirming the spec. I think I searched for "The Original Outdoor Cooker". No big deal. Good luck with your Eastman!

kinison_fan said:
Lowes-
Eastman Outdoor, Model 38021 ("Commercial Grade")
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...021&lpage=none
They had one out on display, the pot looks pretty solid
65000 BTU burner
Tripod Base

I have this one. It works fine for me. My only issue was that on a recipe that was a partial boil, the thermometer barely reached deep enough into the wort to get an accurate reading. But all in all it works just fine.

I just bought the "The Original Outdoor Cooker" from target today for $19 buckaroos!!!!!! I couldn't pass on the deal. I didn't need it but I figure hey, the more burners the better:mug:

Maybe wait till after christmas and see if the price is $10. My store in northern illinois had a whole end cap full of them.

Latest posts

Back