Quality Raspberry Melomel Recipe Wanted

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grancru

Reaction score
Do anyone have a proven raspberry melomel recipe they are willing to share?

I found one last year which I made in January. It turned out amazing and is all gone. My computer crashed and I lost all my recipes, notes, and my journal of what I have aging.

Thanks in advance!

You check out the recipe in my dropdown

<---------------------- here.

It has the recipe and tasting notes from BJCP judges.

Make a straight mead. Add several pounds frozen raspberries for a 2-3 week secondary.
Bottle and enjoy.

I've got a 5 gallon wildflower batch that I added a WA state LHBS raspberry puree to at about 6 days ( 15 lbs wildflower, top with water, white star labs liquid sweet mead yeast, NO SUGAR ADDED, and the two quart raspberry puree in a can) is a little darker than melomel as the puree didnt fall out until about 45 days later but DEAR SUPERIOR it is lovely, mild wildflower taste strong kick of raspberry no hot or heavy taste... finished at 5 months, bulk aged, bottled for 2 weeks standby for pictures of the puree in different stages falling out

I busted out a 15 gal. batch of AZ IPA's recipe [Raspberry Melomel (Bronze Medal winner at 2010 Great Arizona Homebrew Competition)] yesterday. I multiplied everything by 5 with a slight change. I put 3 cans of puree in the primary and will put 3 cans in the secondary. I pulled the OG down at bit to 1.095 for a 12% ABV. The house smells amazing so says the wife. I guess I am immune to the smell without my head in the fermentor.

Looking forward to this one. Thanks AZ! I'll keep ya posted.

Back