Raspberry Melomel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JINKS

Fermentator Extrordinaire
Reaction score
24 oz of Raspberries
1.5 gallons water
5 lbs clover honey
1 cinnamon stick

Sitting with the pectic enzyme at the moment yeast pitch is tomorrow.71b-1122 :ban:

IMG_0148.JPG

IMG_0151.JPG

IMG_0153.JPG

Added the yeast at 10:00 am today. I'm on my way.

Racked to secondary today at gravity of 1.000. 1.5 crushed tablets of potassium metabisulfite split between the two. I also purged the half empty one with co2. Now its a waiting game for the flavor maturity. Tasted the gravity sample and my conclusion is "meh".Gravity.JPGRacked 1.JPGCapture.JPG

Alcohol by Volume = (Initial Gravity - Final Gravity) / 0.75=12.26

from Wine makers acadamy
wine-alcohol-content.png =12.5

Looks rather nice! If the taste isn't quite right, perhaps some frozen raspberries to secondary next time and maybe a little vanilla?

Looks rather nice! If the taste isn't quite right, perhaps some frozen raspberries to secondary next time and maybe a little vanilla?

The Raspberry is there as is the Cinnamon I just expected a little more something. This is gonna need a little time to meld for sure.

Interesting what 2 days does for clarity.

_MG_0190.JPG

I've been making for 2 years and I've always meant to make raspberry. Well this summers the year. I'm gonna do 4 lbs per gallon I think.

Back