Two kegs in one

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rednekhippiemotrcyclfreak

Reaction score
So far I've kegged six IPA's and one coffee stout. What I've noticed, particularly with the IPA's, is that the pints poured from the first half of the keg are somewhat cloudy and complex both in taste and texture. When I get into the last half of each keg, the beer becomes extremely clear and somewhat thinner in texture, almost as if filtered. I kinda wish that didn't happen because I like the beer from the first half of the keg better than the remaining half. Should I be lightly agitating my kegs occasionally to keep the good stuff in suspension?

if you like cloudy beers, use yeast with less flocculation. you can find the flocculation online; look for the types of beers you like ( english vs american ipa's, for example, and look up the flocculation for each

Good question. I've had the same thing occur to me. Rarely do IPAs last more than 3 or 4 weeks in my instance.

I have always thought the dry hops and yeast drop as it's continues to get cold. Kegs are drawn from the bottom to the top. The last bit having the least amount of "sediment".

Back