Total volume of 6.5 gal acid carboy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewMU

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out the total volume of the 6.5 gallon acid carboy that they sell at Northern Brewer? I'm talking neck and all. To put it another way, how far down from the neck do you hit the 6.5 gallon mark?
I guess if nobody knows I'll have to do the work and post the info - but I'm lazy and willing to settle for a decent approximation.

I JUST marked all of mine....I know that 7 gallons will get you started up the neck ( or rather the sloped up area) I would wager it is about 7.25 gallons completely full

I JUST marked all of mine....I know that 7 gallons will get you started up the neck ( or rather the sloped up area) I would wager it is about 7.25 gallons completely full

This is correct, though mine is not from NB it had acid in it.

Thanks, OS. Call me casual, but that's close enough for me. I have a batch (~6.3 gallons) in the primary at 1.070 and I'm going to top my secondary plumb-full. I can verify the volume when I bottle, but that gives me an idea of how much beer I'll have, and at what gravity. Btw, I hit 85% efficiency with this batch (15#MO, 5oz rye flakes,5oz Caramunich) with the ph still in good range at the end - one of my best brew days so far (<six months in the hobby).

Back