Very excited grapes will be here soon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin201

Reaction score
3 to 4 months grapes will be here, what grape variety will you use this year, im thinking Cabernet sauvignon.

I could make dozens of different types, but, the cost factor doesn't allow! Do you know which vineyards you will be getting your grapes from? This can have a very big impact on the wine.

I'm going to make:
Cabernet Sauvignon
Merlot
Cabernet Franc
Syrah

I plan on fermenting the Cab Sauv, Cab Franc and the Merlot all separately, then making a Bordeaux blend as it goes into the barrel.
The Syrah will be fermented as a single varietal.

Pumpkinman I get them from Corrados in Clifton New Jersey..not sure what Vinyard they come from

If you use M&M in Hartford I could recommend a few vineyards. It really makes a difference.

Im excited too! Here in pa ive found atleast 3 wild wines growing with tiny green grape babys on them! Does anyone know what grapes might be groeing wild in pa? Is there a way to tell so young

Justin201,
I haven't been disappointed yet, I make Cab Sav every season, I just started to bottle my 2013 Cab Sav, I swear by the source that I get the grapes from!

Pumpkinman2012...when do the cab grapes arrive ? Sept . Oct , and what Vinyard do you recommend. Thank you

Back