Question about Wyeast 1469 West Yorkshire Ale yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find its a very versatile yeast, and an excellent choice for brown ales. I'm drinking one right now that was supposed to be an oat brown but ended up a porter thanks to a specialty grain labeling mishap at the LHBS. I use it regularly in pale ales now too. It's got the fruity ester thing going on even in pales, subtle, but I like that. As posted above, I'm noticing mashing low bumps the attenuation from 69 to ~75%.

I just brewed an amber/ESB with 1469 and I was shocked at what the LHBS was charging... $15.99! I bit the bullet anyway because I do love what this strain offers. Anyway, I'm going to harvest and use it again to recoup my costs, and I'm considering something off style. Purists cover your eyes.

I'm thinking about a honey blonde, either with superior pale ale or pilsen as the base. Probably pilsen. I'd appreciate your thoughts on the following. Do you think it'll work (or clash) with 1469?

HONEY BLONDE 1.050 28 IBU
87% Bestmalz pilsen
10% Raw wildflower honey (fermentor)
3% Honey malt
Azacca @ 60
WY 1469 West Yorks

Back