New hop options from AHBS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chillHayze

Reaction score
Browsing AHBS and I came across two new (at least to me) hop products. First are these hop capsels. They come in Cascade and "Generic". Looks like they are only for flavor/aroma and not for bitterness.

Next up is Hop Suey Mixed hops, which is not really a new product, but a new idea. It's just a mixed bag of hop pellets. Oh, and it costs 59 cents/oz!

I'll check em out 4 y'all.

chillHayze said:
Browsing AHBS and I came across two new (at least to me) hop products. First are these hop capsels. They come in Cascade and "Generic". Looks like they are only for flavor/aroma and not for bitterness.

I'm pretty sure Dude used these (or something like them) in his Red Eye Rye. He tossed them into his keg. (I only know this because I took the first sample from his keg and it had a bunch of crud in it that I had to ask about.)

-walker

Interesting idea. I've seen hop oil & hop extract before. Hop Suey sounds great for those old-time recipes, like my hop wine, that call for "hops".

Latest posts

Back