Wedding Labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smithat

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I've been reading this forum and brewing beer for about 6 months now. I can honestly say that the search feature and the weath of archived information has answered nearly all of my questions ... until now. Although this topic has been beeten down time and time again it is one that confuses the bejezes out of me. My question is how to make waterproof labels. I've seen gummed label paper at AHS which is relatively inexpensive, and i've seen the waterproof paper at onlinelabels but the flippin things would be nearly $100 by the time it came to my place on the east coast of Canada.

For the wedding i'm going to be having all bottle conditioned beer and being an outdoor wedding I won't have the opportunity to have the beer in a fridge so my only option I have is coolers and ice. I tried to convince SWMBO to let me build a rolling keggerator but no go :(

Do the gummed labels stand up to being submerged in ice and water for several hours? If not, what options do I have? I've read about the clearcoat process but i'm still a little foggy on what paper to use.

FYI - I will be using 12oz bottles and have access to a colour laser printer and have a HP K550 inkjet at home.

Thanks in advance.

Back