Natural Gas Burner Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Two Dog's Brewing

Reaction score
I know this has been asked before but Im having trouble coming to a concensus.

Can you guys reccomend a good Natural Gas Burner. I will be doing 10 gallon batches in a 15.5 gallon converted keg.

I just moved into my new house so I can set up my brewery in the garage for a while. I woiuld like to use the NG that is in the garage and need a good burner.

Thanks Guys

The only difference between propane and natural gas is the pressure, so the opening of the gas line into burner will have to be different. You just need to change the "orifaces." Some burners you can, some you can't. Read the fine print.

I use a 10 jet for shrimp boils (7.50 gal pot) and the 23 jet for brewing (12.50 gal pot) and crawfish (25.00 gal pot).

Natural gas is nice. It is just a little less hot than propane, but unless SWMBO doesn't pay the utility bill, I never run out.

Also, no more driving around with 2-3 gas bombs in my car.

I think the 23 jet is the way to go, using a 15.50 gal keg. I did use the 10 jet with the 12.50 gal pot, and it did work - but the 23 jet is much better.

Good luck with your project.

Thanks you guys for all your advice. I was leaning towards the 23 tip also.

I will let everyone know how it turns out.

I am waiting for my kegging supplies now. I have a SNPA clone in secondary Im going to keg as soon as the parts come in

If you're doing inside, make sure you have heat shields so your structure and/or walls wont catch fire.

Sure you've thought of that, but just in case.

Back