Anyone know anything about Tampa Bay B.E.E.R.S. ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiako

Reaction score
I just moved here an I am looking to join a club but am a bit intimidated to join a club that has 140 member. Does all of these competitions. When I am having a hard time getting a brew to taste any good.

Hey, it might be intimidating but you could really learn a lot from those guys. I don't know about them personally, but I would sign up without hesitating.

I've heard of them and believe they still meet at a place in Tampa called Dunderbaks or Dunderbachs, something like that. From what I've heard through the grapevine they have a good group of brewers. You can also check out their website/forum (Home). Don't be shy or intimidated in checking things out. Knowledge is power and learn all you can.

Here's the website for Mr. Dunderbaks (dunderbaks.com) where Tampa Bay BEERS meet.

haven't joined them yet (planning on it though), but i know many of them. They are a great group of guys with tons of experience. Joining them will no doubt be a good way to expand your brewing knowledge. Plus Mr. Dunderbak's is a great place to meet and have a few beers. I believe it's 10 or 12 dollars per year.

i've been a member for almost a year now. very good group. we meet at Dbaks monthly. the owner is a member and a good supporter. good german food, too.
about 40 or 50 peeps show up every month. most of us bring our brews and we walk around pouring samples and talking loudly.
we also have a monthly intraclub competition that is sort of an informal judging/tasting of a particular style.
in december we have a brewathon campout, brew in the woods for 24 hours straight, play bad music and watch dirty movies.
the club and its members have consistently pulled in awards.
if you're on the west side of town, you might also want to visit the dunedin brewer's guild guys right across the bay.

I am central to both those clubs. I honestly have no beers at this time to bring to the table with my last beer tasting like soap.

I belong to the group in Dunedin (in Pinellas County), but I have gone to BEERS meetings. Don't hesitate to just show up and join in the fun. Earlier this month I went and tasted some great beer and some "not so great". These groups are always 50% newbs, extract brewers, Mr. Beer kit brewers, etc.

They meet at Mr. Dunderbaks German restaurant. The Dunedin Brewer's Guild move their meetings around, but often meet at the Dunedin Brewery.

You are all forgetting the best part THE FOOD!!! Man, DBaks has some great food and even better beer!

I didnt know there were so many people on this board near the Tampa area.

I am planning on brewing a few more times before I deploy again on my Brutus system, so anyone one that wants to come and brew and drink, shoot me a PM.

Back to the OP,
Its a great club, and I also hear the Dunedin club is as well. Cant go worng with either one.

Also check out Southern Brewing Supply, in Tampa.

Josh

Also check out Southern Brewing Supply, in Tampa.
Josh

Not to get off of the subject too much. But I agree with Josh that you should check out Southern Brewing and Homebrewing Supply. They don't really have a website to place orders but you can email them from the website and they will get back with you. Especially for questions about grain and yeast availability. I've been there twice this year and they have remodeled the place (even though it's in a warehouse) and it's staffed with some good people that homebrew on a regular basis. A warm and friendly atmosphere and helpful staff. I used to get my grains from Hearts HB in Orlando. Not anymore now that I've found this place. Southern Brewing and Homebrewing Supply: link Welcome to Southern Brewing. Check them out.

Back