Miller High Life

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wino24

Reaction score
Hi all....anyone have a recipe for a Miller High Life clone? I've made the Miller Lite clone recipe which is posted on the forum, but I was wondering if there is a different recipe for the High Life.
Thanks

Man I am search damn hard for a clone... But I can't find anything. I think it is funny how with a title like Miller High Life in the recipe section only has 3 posts and 4 views. LOL

To be honest you will have a hard time finding anyone who puts a lot of effort into cloning a light am lager. I love some High Life when the time calls for it, but that crap is cheap and easy as hell to buy. Why brew it?

Yeah I know.... good luck with a recipe. Start with your first clone and tweak it. Hopefully you can answer your own question and help the community.

:mug:

I love me the High Life, but I gotta second BK on this.

If I recall, the FG will be around 1.007, so maybe skipping the AE on the lite recipe would do it?

I love me the High Life, but I gotta second BK on this.

If I recall, the FG will be around 1.007, so maybe skipping the AE on the lite recipe would do it?

I'm the guy who posted the Lite Clone.....(see recipe drop down)

I'd say bump up the grain bill with more 6 & 2 row malt to hit 1.040 and then omit the AE. Use saaz or hallertauer for hops at 60 minutes.

It is the champaign of beers!
D857Miller-High-Life-Posters.310185850_std.jpg

To be honest you will have a hard time finding anyone who puts a lot of effort into cloning a light am lager. I love some High Life when the time calls for it, but that crap is cheap and easy as hell to buy. Why brew it?

Yeah I know.... good luck with a recipe. Start with your first clone and tweak it. Hopefully you can answer your own question and help the community.

:mug:

I did the clone more or less to out do Miller on a light beer. All the March Madness commercials of triple hopping annoyed me. I actually triple hopped it but still kept the IBU of 16-18. I late and dry hopped well.

It turned out good and is cheap to make. I made the beer several times with various hops, German variety, cascade, cascade & sorachi ace, nugget and cascade, and just sorachi ace. The latter was pretty damned good in the hot weather of July & August.

I have seen a couple threads now about cloning BMC products. Anyone ever thought of doing a patigyle from a nice belgiun pilsner and adding some rice syrup?

I have seen a couple threads now about cloning BMC products. Anyone ever thought of doing a patigyle from a nice belgiun pilsner and adding some rice syrup?

I bet you could use tripel or BGSA 2nd runnings with some rice syrup. If by belgian pilsner you mean stella artois or something, IMHO its stylistically so similar that you might as well make one or the other.

be brewing this on weekend for my dad. I actually own a history of the miller brewery co. The book has canned high life hopped syrups pictured in it, along with old recipe sheets, will post some pics for those interested. Also will update the results / recipe used.

So from what I've read, High Life used rice? I did a Bud clone a couple of years ago and it was great! 6 % alcohol and 17 IBU's. So I missed a little...but it was really good. We did a cereal mash with 6-row and rice then added it to the rest of the 2-row and 6-row waiting at a protein rest.

I remember quarts of High Life at the drive in. Hmmm, guess I'm dating myself!:D

Hellsyeah!

It's the Champagne of beers, with the 'I frickin piss on your froufrou beer' clear bottles!

'Double barrel aged Choco-peanut butter imperial spiced' what?????

:)

So from what I've read, High Life used rice? I did a Bud clone a couple of years ago and it was great! 6 % alcohol and 17 IBU's. So I missed a little...but it was really good. We did a cereal mash with 6-row and rice then added it to the rest of the 2-row and 6-row waiting at a protein rest.

I remember quarts of High Life at the drive in. Hmmm, guess I'm dating myself!:D

From what I was told it's corn syrup. Drink a warm one and it will come through

Miller uses corn. Budweiser uses rice.

I make a light beer for friends. I can buy it cheap, but I can make it just for the fook of it.

What else can you make and buy cheaper or without any of the hassle; bakery, Bar-B-Q, a rebuilt engine, clothing, reloaded ammunition, .... hmm... the list is endless?

... Beer fits in that category.

Miller uses corn. Budweiser uses rice.

I make a light beer for friends. I can buy it cheap, but I can make it just for the fook of it.

What else can you make and buy cheaper or without any of the hassle; bakery, Bar-B-Q, a rebuilt engine, clothing, reloaded ammunition, .... hmm... the list is endless?

... Beer fits in that category.

Dude, I'm liking your posts more and more. Keep up the good work. :mug:

Latest posts

Back