Cause of death

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Akavango

Reaction score
I have come across this recipes a few times and getting really tempted to try it. Not specially that recipe but the method. As anyone tried it?

I have researched on this forum and google and only found 2 peoples who made it. For one of them it was a disaster and for another one it was great.

If you have done it and can provide some input that isn't on the article I would greatly appreciate.

http://***********/stories/techniqu...ll-grain-brewing/51-21-alcohol-all-grain-beer

it seems weird to me that he wants to do it all grain, instead of sugar additions, but uses beano. that seems to defeat the purpose for me anyway.

other than that I would say it sounds like a fun project. there are a couple changes I would make though. instead of using airlock activity to measure fermentation activity I would actually take hydrometer samples. Like he says at the end I would aerate the incoming cans of wort instead of the entire batch. I believe they actually sell the amylase enzyme itself so you could use that instead of using beano tablets which are probably full of binder and filler and other stuff you don't want in your beer. and of course if you are going to do this you should start a thread.

I have just gone the other route to get a strong beer. I have a clone of DFH 120' IPA fermenting as we speak. I just want to experiment. I will start a thread or maybe I just did.
I will look for the amylase enzyme.

Back