Roasted Sorghum Grain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I got mine from Bob's Red Mill in um Nebraska? A five gallon pail was about 33#, delivered for umm $40?

Then it needs malting, tumbling in the clothes washer in a pillow case, winnowing the cyanide containing rootlets out, roasting, mashing (another trial!). All in all not worth the effort, it is still sorghum beer. But the bucket is a good one.;)

I think I did a step-by-step, search this forum for malting sorghum?

White sorghum is used as chicken feed, but I couldn't find it at any local feed stores. I did run all my left over through the malt mill and give to a neighbor for his chickens, but they wouldn't touch the stuff.

Does anybody know where to get actual sorghum grain not extract?

Order from here: http://www.twinvalleymills.com/

They will send you a 5 gallon pail full of sorghum grain. You can malt it/roast it/do what you want with it...but it is a lot of grain. Cheap too.

There is a sticky on malting gluten free grains and there is a link somewhere in another thread where I talked about ordering from Twin Valley Mills...can't think of it right now.

Back