whats the diffrence?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makingitgood

Reaction score
I mean other than color whats the diffrence between dark and light? Also any one tried coopers pilsner?

Darker extracts tend to have some caramel in them. Some dark extracts are designed for porters or stouts with the roasty and "burnt" flavors those styles require.

:off:
So far I've seen no spelling Nazis, so I can assume this will go without comment, HOWEVER, it's "difference" not "diffrence". No offense, just education, which is why we're all here right?. Thank you.

"Carry on then!"

Actually, I'm beginning to think this guy is a troll. Who asks this question? I mean, if you want to make beer, one would assume you drink beer, which means you would know the difference. In another thread he's asking all about how to make beer, but if you look back to last year, he was writing on the all-grain thread about growing grains and using them in a batch of beer. He states he is new and asking questions, but that he already has all the equipment. He also was asking about boiling bottles of beer to see what happened. And, this is the best, check this out:
how much sugar should i use to make 1.5L liters of beer just 2 test it. i was not sure so i just put 2 table spoons in? and how much yeast? can you get sick from drinking a bad beer? and how long do i have to wait till it does its thing i just put the beer in a jar with a cloth rubber baned to the top.... i read that it will take any were from 5-7days, and it is ready when the yeast dies/clears??? i am a noob and just tryed it. not like it costed me nothing, we grow are own barley on are farm

I'm sorry, but I can't take anything this guy/kid says seriously. Don't waste your time responding.

:ban:

Spyk'd said:
:off:
So far I've seen no spelling Nazis, so I can assume this will go without comment, HOWEVER, it's "difference" not "diffrence". No offense, just education, which is why we're all here right?. Thank you.
My guess is that there are very few people here to learn how to spell. You are correct tho, in that up to now there have not been a lot of spelling Nazis hanging around...lets try to keep it that way. TIA.

I think that makingitgood is a teenager who's given up on trying to get someone to buy him beer and is looking to make his own. Whenever I see someone hesitant to order ingredients online I'm going to assume they're underage.

This kid knows nothing about beer but wants to produce some to help him make some friends. Makingitgood, you have to realize that, without a working appreciation of beer, you're not going to make good beer. If you want to make friends, do what every other redblooded American kid does: join a team, learn to play guitar, or if all else fails, sell pot.

veggiess said:
Actually, I'm beginning to think this guy is a troll. Who asks this question? I mean, if you want to make beer, one would assume you drink beer, which means you would know the difference. In another thread he's asking all about how to make beer, but if you look back to last year, he was writing on the all-grain thread about growing grains and using them in a batch of beer. He states he is new and asking questions, but that he already has all the equipment. He also was asking about boiling bottles of beer to see what happened. And, this is the best, check this out:

I'm sorry, but I can't take anything this guy/kid says seriously. Don't waste your time responding.

:ban:

You have a good point.

makingitgood, if you REALLY want to "make it good", I suggest you head over to www.howtobrew.com and educate yourself on "how to make it good".

Might want to step over to www.dictionary.com as well. ;)

join a team, learn to play guitar, or if all else fails, sell pot, been ther done that, And under age wtf?, And yes i have problems spelling, and reading. And i did a all grain one, yes it was me and i think i went over board . so i want to start out small, so i went and bought a kit yesterday(Coopers australian real ale, this stuff is hard to understand. and with the farm going down hill i dont have alot of extra $ maybe i should seed pot. Ok maybe one last ? what kind of sugar do you guys youse? does it matter? do some brands affect the tast?

makingitgood said:
join a team, learn to play guitar, or if all else fails, sell pot, been ther done that, And under age wtf?, And yes i have problems spelling, and reading. And i did a all grain one, yes it was me and i think i went over board . so i want to start out small, so i went and bought a kit yesterday(Coopers australian real ale, this stuff is hard to understand. and with the farm going down hill i dont have alot of extra $ maybe i should seed pot. Ok maybe one last ? what kind of sugar do you guys youse? does it matter? do some brands affect the tast?

to help with the spelling on posts:

http://www.iespell.com/

Reading... just keep practicing :eek:

Info on brewing: http://www.howtobrew.com/intro.html

Sugar shouldn't be used for these kits, it gives a cider taste to most of them... it will work, but taste bad... use Liquid Malt Extract (LME), Dry Malt Extract (DME) or another can of the same kit...

You really do come across as someone who is about 14 and trying to make alcohol without much idea about what to do... Read everything you can on brewing first... forums like this are for dialing in your beers, or asking about what may have gone wrong or bouncing ideas off other people... you should take the time to think out your questions, and read through your posts to help avoid sounding so young... and if you are 14 then mommy will catch you and bust your @$$ anyway :D

If the kit instructions are hard to understand, then you should take the time to read as much as you can BEFORE you brew, until you DO understand... if you don't begin to understand, you will never make a good beer IMO

good luck!!!
mikey

makingitgood said:

If you bought yourself a kit, it will have everything you need in there. There is no table sugar use in brewing.

The real question is - how are you gonna hide a 6 gallon bucket under your bed?

Makingitgood: Aren't you the same guy that said...

i really dont like bear... and stils are illegal and well my last leagal way of getting drunk for cheap is wine...
:confused:

LOL ya, my kit says to add 1 kg of sugar? i guess i gota go back and get some Liquid Malt Extract, well i also need a biger carby...

makingitgood said:
LOL ya, my kit says to add 1 kg of sugar? i guess i gota go back and get some Liquid Malt Extract, well i also need a biger carby...

That's wierd, but I've only done 2 kits and both mine came with everything except the Bottles

Ok i think i am just going to make a 3 gallon batch with my kit, then i wouldn't have to add any LME or sugar.. I wonder what alcohol % it will be. it also looks like i dont got a hydro meter, bros got it in storage..... and it dont look like i am going to town for a few weeks, PS its 100km away and so is the brew store, i guess i am gona have to go buy the taste of it.

Ok i brewed up a 3 gallon batch... its in the carby but i havent pitched the yeast yet, its still a little warm, I boiled all my water because i used tap water, its gonna be a nice dark color :) well i will go take the temp and see if i can pitch the yeast yet

makingitgood said:

Naturally different brands of extract will have different taste. Most important though, DONT USE SUGAR (sucrose)!!!! I think I speak for most of my esteemed fellow brewers when I say the only way to go is dextrose and DME or LME. A Little bit more expensive than plain old sugar but makes the world of difference to the final product.

well i didn't wait, cracked 1 today , Its about the best i have ever had I think a little vanila flavor would be good. But o well to late. it tastes fully carbonated, it was in a dark place, the temp was arround 25-26c, so it was sitting in a pritty warm area if that makes a diffrence. Its so warm here in canada, some days it hits +35c, Cant wait till i go fishing with my beer

Back