How bad is the temperature variation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 144938

Reaction score
I would like to know how bad is the temperature variation within the yeast range. The situation is as follows. Inside my home the temperature is 73 but in the balcony is now between 48-60. I would like to ferment my brew in the balcony. The actual temperature is between the range but I'm concerned about the change of the temperature during day and night.

Odinperez said:
I would like to know how bad is the temperature variation within the yeast range. The situation is as follows. Inside my home the temperature is 73 but in the balcony is now between 48-60. I would like to ferment my brew in the balcony. The actual temperature is between the range but I'm concerned about the change of the temperature during day and night.

You'd be better off using a swamp cooler and swapping frozen water bottles to maintain as steady temp, yeast do not like fluctuation;)

Latest posts

Back