Wife Broke My Glass Carboy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BiscayneBrewing

Reaction score
Sorry had to vent...

I had a friend who was selling his homebrew gear. I bought 3 cornies and glass carboy. It was my first glass carboy. I have several plastic buckets and a better bottle but always wanted a glass carboy. I spent all afternoon tearing down and cleaning the kegs and carboy...they were in pretty rough shape.

The wife comes home with the two year old and is in the house all of 5 minutes when she knocks it over and breaks it, broadcasting glass shards throughout the garage. I felt like the dad in "A Christmas Story" when the leg lamp broke.

Alas, my first glass carboy sits in the recyling bin waiting for its unceremonious disposal this Thursday.

I am glad nobody was hurt. It's strictly plastic for me after reading too many posts that didn't end well. Just brewed this last weekend with a friend who has $2000.00 worth of stitches in his hand from cleaning a carboy

Be safe and enjoy
Toy4Rick

Back