Bottling glue for labels.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kauai_Kahuna

Reaction score
Short question: What mix works for a long time on standard paper?
Long question:
I just opened a sampler of mead that the label fell off of long ago, it taste great but I have no way to link it back to the brew.
While I'm the first to admit I hate bottling, sometimes you got got to do it. (I'm just lazy OK).
I know this has been an one going question, but I'm looking for the latest verdict on what's best.
I still have to bottle for meads, ciders, and beers that I just know will be better with time.
I started out with standard glues, and got irritated with cleaning them off the bottle to re-use them.
I then started using just basic milk and it worked for a short time, but then I started to see a lot of labels falling off with changing humidity and temperature.
I then moved to using a wood glue, very thinly applied, and it just is very clumpy again in cleaning.
Lately I have been doing a mix of milk and wood glue, and it's OK so far, but time is the real question.

Back