Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jtkratzer said:
If success is defined as President's trophies wins, that's cool, but none of the regular season matters if you don't make the playoffs. The Flyers have more division titles, conference titles, and Cups that the Canucks. They don't have as many ****ty jerseys. Only 28% of all President's trophy winners go on to win the Cup, something Vagcouver, with or with the President's trophy, has never experienced.

So regardless of how well you do in the regular season, making the playoffs is most important, unless you're a team that can't win the whole thing, then you hang your hat on your scoring title sisters or regular season record, or whatever you have.

The Flyers have won their division the same number of times the Canucks didn't even make the playoffs (16 times) compared to the Flyers 8. So, the Flyers have been around longer and have missed the playoffs half as many times as the Nucks. The Flyers are in the playoffs over 81% over their entire history.

The Canucks have only played in 214 playoff games. The Flyers have 209 playoff WINS...and a pair of Stanley Cups.

You can try to define success however you want to compare Vancouver to Philly, but the fact the Flyers have played in nearly double the number of playoff games, have almost as many playoff wins as the Canucks have appearances, 2 Cups to none, half as many no shows to the playoffs, and nearly twice as many division titles speaks for itself.

Just remember, an 0-2 record in the finals is still worse than 2-6. So trying to say it's painful and it sucks because my team can't win it all, there's an expression that I'm sure you're familiar with:

Pot: Kettle, you're black.

Maybe you see the irony after rereading your post.

The one and only thing you have is those worthless President's trophies.

Blah blah blah stats stats stats I wasn't even comparing the canucks to the flyers you moron you did all that yourself. If I wanted to know stats on my team vs yours I'd wiki it.
Guess I should of been more straight forward bringing your attention to the fact you where contradicting yourself by saying that a final loss is still a loss and then saying everyone is jealous of your teams success. But with your logic your team hasn't had any success since the 70s because they still lose before they get the cup.
Quick stat for you
Recent surveys in 100% of people believe 'jtkratzer could make a mountain from a mole hill'*

*number of people surveyed 1

emjay said:
Holy Mackinaw Batman, what have certain people said about living in the past again?

Canucks should be good for another show in the finals. Twice in two years ain't bad. But sure, anything can happen. Rinne is a damn scary goalie IMO (but fun as hell to watch). Either way though, you'd have to be delusional to expect to see the Flyers in the finals - sure, they may very well get past the Pens (will undoubtedly be a rough but entertaining series that will probably destroy either team too much to go any further), but if you wanna look at their season series to make predictions, then you also have to believe that at least the Rags will stop them.

As for Vancouver, I'm pretty sure they've learned a little from their last failure (though the finals is hardly a failure) and should be more prepared for the toughness necessary to win. I don't think they'll be seeing the Bruins again anyways (or the Flyers, for obvious reasons), so they're not going to have to deal with all those goons (and dirty playing) again.

Obvious reasons? Ha! No one expected them to get to the finals a couple years or come back from 0-3 against the Bruins in the series or in Game 7 and a lot of "experts" didn't think they'd make the playoffs this year.

Rags couldn't beat the Pens who couldn't beat the Flyers who couldn't beat the Rangers. All of this is what makes the sport great.

thedingo said:
Blah blah blah stats stats stats I wasn't even comparing the canucks to the flyers you moron you did all that yourself. If I wanted to know stats on my team vs yours I'd wiki it.
Guess I should of been more straight forward bringing your attention to the fact you where contradicting yourself by saying that a final loss is still a loss and then saying everyone is jealous of your teams success. But with your logic your team hasn't had any success since the 70s because they still lose before they get the cup.
Quick stat for you
Recent surveys in 100% of people believe 'jtkratzer could make a mountain from a mole hill'*

*number of people surveyed 1

Again, like Democrats, it all boils down to personal insults and name-calling because you can't talk numbers AND win a debate.

And still not a single post about the videos...let's throw insults out there. This is the obnoxious hockey trash talk thread, not just the obnoxious or immature thread. Grow up. Recess is over and you and the Canucks are going to get schooled again.

jtkratzer said:
Rags couldn't beat the Pens who couldn't beat the Flyers who couldn't beat the Rangers. All of this is what makes the sport great.

Very true, this is what makes it entertaining. Plus , given two teams and a single game, either has a decent chance of taking the game.

copyright1997 said:
Very true, this is what makes it entertaining. Plus , given two teams and a single game, either has a decent chance of taking the game.

This is why the Pens/Flyers is probably the hottest talked about series because of the battle in game 5 of the season series, the 3-2 advantage the Flyers hold over the Pens in the post season, The Battle of Pennsylvania, Jagr, Talbot, Asham, and the general hatred these teams have for each other...and as much as we all do the pre-post season d*ck dance about who is better, it really can go either way and is probably going to come down to goaltending since both teams put up tons of goals.

wildwest450 said:
I think you're going past immature, relax and pipe down.

Are you done? Shut your cock holster, talk hockey, and quit trying to be the circus ring leader. This thread needs no guidance or an attempt at leadership or civility.

This is why the Pens/Flyers is probably the hottest talked about series because of the battle in game 5 of the season series, the 3-2 advantage the Flyers hold over the Pens in the post season, The Battle of Pennsylvania, Jagr, Talbot, Asham, and the general hatred these teams have for each other...and as much as we all do the pre-post season d*ck dance about who is better, it really can go either way and is probably going to come down to goaltending since both teams put up tons of goals.

No.

It's because you won't shut the bless up for five minutes.

:)

StittsvilleJames said:
No.

It's because you won't shut the bless up for five minutes.

:)

I went a couple days without posting.

No one cares about Ottawa. They're irrelevant until they manage to win something. In the 4 years since they went to the finals, they didn't make the playoffs twice and lost in the first round twice.

Win something, please, knock the Rags off, the Flyers can't beat them this year.

I can't wait for the Battle of Pennsylvania, especially the countless posts by jtkratzer every time he thinks the calls are unfairly going Pittsburgh's way (read: EVERY time).

Warning: :off:
jtkratzer -

I just noticed your signature. Man, you need to spend more time brewing and less time posting. Nothing fermenting, WTF?

I've just finished my 11th batch of the year PLUS crap like root beer and seltzer.

End of: :off:

You might need to buy some commercial beer if you want to drink while watching the Flyer's play. If you try to brew it at this point, their season will be over before it's done fermenting. :ban:

copyright1997 said:
Warning: :off:
jtkratzer -

I just noticed your signature. Man, you need to spend more time brewing and less time posting. Nothing fermenting, WTF?

I've just finished my 11th batch of the year PLUS crap like root beer and seltzer.

End of: :off:

You might need to buy some commercial beer if you want to drink while watching the Flyer's play. If you try to brew it at this point, their season will be over before it's done fermenting. :ban:

Yeah, it's called converting a Sabco Brew Magic to electric, it's that time of the year to do the major landscaping projects and get the lawn treatments down, spring maintenance on the motorcycle (need to replace the battery and probably time for brake fluid and coolant flush) which should have been done during the winter, but I was driving three hours round trip to work and had two surgeries at the Naval Hospital in Bethesda (about 2.5-3 hours one way), and having child 2 this summer and remodeling a room upstairs, and wrenching on a Jeep I'm selling, and buying a car from Knoxville. Life's just been busy lately.

So I post mostly from the phone or when I get time while watching a game.

Most of the above list is done, and the remodeling for baby two and brewery are the two I want done in the next month or two.

I'm tired of 5 gallon extract brews and partial mashes have been kind of annoying based on the limited equipment while my system is under construction.

I'll get there. Thanks for noticing my empty, neglected fermenters, but I have a keg of beer and at least 5 or 6 cases of beer stashed away along with some commercial brews to try.

Are you done? Shut your cock holster, talk hockey, and quit trying to be the circus ring leader. This thread needs no guidance or an attempt at leadership or civility.

How is telling you to shut your whine hole an attempt at leadership? You think too much of yourself, it was more an attempt to get you to stop cramming your feet in your mouth with your insufferable bitching. You're the only ****** who won't stop crying about calls that were in the regular season, that's now over btw.

As much as I despise Pittsburgh, I hope they crush the Flyers so you go away.
At least they would provide some competition for the Wings in the finals, instead of rolling over in 4 like you turds did.

jtkratzer said:
Again, like Democrats, it all boils down to personal insults and name-calling because you can't talk numbers AND win a debate.

And still not a single post about the videos...let's throw insults out there. This is the obnoxious hockey trash talk thread, not just the obnoxious or immature thread. Grow up. Recess is over and you and the Canucks are going to get schooled again.

Haha like I said in a previous post I couldnt care less about numbers and stats they mean f#ck all in reality. So why would I bother wasting my time debating with you about it.

4-3 in the final isn't being schooled you imbecile. Your teams 4-0 semi final beat down by the same team is the definition of getting 'schooled'. But then again that's the past the theme which you seem to be so obsessed with.

179341_o.gif

How is telling you to shut your whine hole an attempt at leadership? You think too much of yourself, it was more an attempt to get you to stop cramming your feet in your mouth with your insufferable bitching. You're the only ****** who won't stop crying about calls that were in the regular season, that's now over btw.

Somehow you trying to tell people to shut up and quiet down isn't you acting like you're in charge? Get over yourself.

As much as I despise Pittsburgh, I hope they crush the Flyers so you go away.

Unlike fairweather fans, I watch the whole way through, just like when I still watched 70-75 games of the Flyers worst season in franchise history a year after the lockout.

At least they would provide some competition for the Wings in the finals, instead of rolling over in 4 like you turds did.

You know how long ago it was when the Wings swept the Flyers? Spice Girls and Boyz II Men were two of the top hits of 1997. Elton John's Candle in the Wind, Jewel, and Toni Braxton were up there. Puff Daddy and Faith Evans did "I'll Be Missing You." Oh, how can you forget Mark Morrison's Return of the Mack? Classic.

I bet Wannabe by Spice Girls is your ring tone.

Haha like I said in a previous post I couldnt care less about numbers and stats they mean f#ck all in reality. So why would I bother wasting my time debating with you about it. 4-3 in the final isn't being schooled you imbecile. Your teams 4-0 semi final beat down by the same team is the definition of getting 'schooled'. But then again that's the past the theme which you seem to be so obsessed with.

Yeah, numbers and stats don't mean anything ata ll. :rolleyes:

Loss is a loss right? Isn't that what you said? And the same team that swept the Flyers last year was the same team the Flyers beat after the Bruins had 3-0 leads in the series and Game 7. There's some history. But those numbers don't matter, only the third team in all of pro sports to do it, but it's meaningless since it wasn't you're team, which still has a chance this year, right?

:ban:

Y'all need to lighten up. This is supposed to be fun and you're all getting your panties in a twist and taking everything so personal. RDWHAHB or something, right?

copyright1997 said:
First, you are an idiot if you can't see why the league can't allow coaches to talk about injuring another team's players and going on an on TV explicitive laden interview.

Second, I don't think I've ever heard Don Cherry say anything nice about Crosby. But he does have nice suits.

Bwahahahaha.....threatening? Torts was pointing out the obvious, something that damn near everyone that follows this league now recognizes except the yinzer skirt wearing fans of this disgraceful organization.

Sooooo, who is stoked about that Florida / New Jersey series??

Yea, no one.

Can we all agree on the fact that the NBC broadcast sucks compared to the local broadcast? I don't know if it's like that everywhere, but it sure is true in STL. I try to pick which games to attend based on that. Pierre McGuire is a moron. Where's Melrose, Don Cherry, or John Buccigross???

Detroit was just in the finals in 08 and 09, it's not their fault you suck.

Congrats, we all know Detroit has been amazing for like 25 years; doesn't change how awful you were before that.

and Philly was just in the finals in 2010, yeah we lost, and it sucks. But you know what, i appreciate the fact that my team consistently puts a competitive team out on the ice, that i'll always watch ATLEAST one round of playoff hockey featuring my team, and that we have the second highest regular season winning %.

Grasping at straws, you say? Well my team hasn't won a cup since '75 of course i'm gonna be grasping at straws!:p

jtkratzer said:
Y'all need to lighten up. This is supposed to be fun and you're all getting your panties in a twist and taking everything so personal. RDWHAHB or something, right?

Hahahaha. Once again, the irony is freaking delicious. You couldn't see it when you said that Pens fans were of course going to be biased towards their own team and thus not see the supposed slanted calls IN THE SAME PARAGRAPH that you, as a Flyers fan, claim to watch it all "objectively" (despite being the most biased one here *by far*)... and now you apparently fail to see that the only one who has their panties in a twist is in fact yourself, with everybody else having a laugh at your expense.

It's just hockey man, relax. And for a Canadian to say it's "just" hockey should tell you that you take it way too seriously. People are just getting tired of the constant complaining of bias. Sure, there are bad calls that are going to seem unfair, but that happens to every team. Difference is that the rest of us don't make some huge conspiracy out of it to whine about incessantly. Maybe you're just making excuses for your team in advance of potentially poor performances? Either way, it's getting real old. Friendly/competitive trash talk is one thing, but the whining and poor sportsmanship takes all the fun out of it.

I hope the Rangers and Flyers play at some point in the playoffs just to see their coaches duke it out:

For the second time this season the NHL has assessed a significant fine to New York Rangers coach John Tortorella.

The league announced Tortorella will be docked $20,000 for his postgame comments after the Rangers' 5-2 loss in Pittsburgh Thursday.

Tortorella blasted Penguins defenseman Brooks Orpik for his hit on center Derek Stepan, calling it a "cheap" and "dirty" play.

But the rant did not end there.

Tortorella also called the Penguins an "arrogant organization" and ripped them for their two "whining" stars, referring to Evgeni Malkin and Sidney Crosby.

Penguins coach Dan Bylsma called Tortorella's rant "gamesmanship"

Tortorella was fined $30,000 back in January for criticizing the officiating in the Winter Classic.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/sto...rtorella-new-york-rangers-docked-20k-comments

After Lavy and now Torts, no one seems to like the Pens.

arturo7 said:
Not an issue. I hate all of these West Coast sonzabvtches.

Although I must confess, I was a Kings' band-wagoner when they acquired Gretzky and made the cup run.

Really? Why all the hate? Lol. Either way good series coming up.

Detroit was just in the finals in 08 and 09, it's not their fault you suck.

I just need to find the bastard who isn't giving me a check because I didn't know I was supposed to dress for the Flyers...

Congrats, we all know Detroit has been amazing for like 25 years; doesn't change how awful you were before that.

and Philly was just in the finals in 2010, yeah we lost, and it sucks. But you know what, i appreciate the fact that my team consistently puts a competitive team out on the ice, that i'll always watch ATLEAST one round of playoff hockey featuring my team, and that we have the second highest regular season winning %.

Grasping at straws, you say? Well my team hasn't won a cup since '75 of course i'm gonna be grasping at straws!:p

Careful, if you start mentioning actual numbers or stats, you start to blow fuses in most of their heads. Just a word of caution. Try not to get to in depth on anything as getting a point for an overtime loss/shootout seems to be a stretch for most.

Hahahaha. Once again, the irony is freaking delicious. You couldn't see it when you said that Pens fans were of course going to be biased towards their own team and thus not see the supposed slanted calls IN THE SAME PARAGRAPH that you, as a Flyers fan, claim to watch it all "objectively" (despite being the most biased one here *by far*)... and now you apparently fail to see that the only one who has their panties in a twist is in fact yourself, with everybody else having a laugh at your expense.

It's just hockey man, relax. And for a Canadian to say it's "just" hockey should tell you that you take it way too seriously. People are just getting tired of the constant complaining of bias. Sure, there are bad calls that are going to seem unfair, but that happens to every team. Difference is that the rest of us don't make some huge conspiracy out of it to whine about incessantly. Maybe you're just making excuses for your team in advance of potentially poor performances? Either way, it's getting real old. Friendly/competitive trash talk is one thing, but the whining and poor sportsmanship takes all the fun out of it.

I hear you, but it's funny how quick people turn from just a discussion to down right viscious when you questin their team in any way shape or form. Hell, I bet someone will try to kill me or use some sort of hacking attack on my router or computer for saying that most (if not all) species of penguins are not capable of flight. That's fact, not open for debate, but someone will take offense.

And again, not a single person has made a respectable post about the videos comparing the hits and their different responses from officials. I honestly couldn't care less about the Flyers being involved. I just find it ridiculous that we have the level of technology and the number of cameras in the game these days and we can be consistent in how the plays are called or supplementary punishment is handed out. Shanahan has been a disaster this year when it comes to being consistent with punishment.

And for as much whining and crying about my posts lately, this thread is probably more active now than it's been in the last 6-12 months. So even if it turns into a bit of a **** show like a twister in a trailer park, it's still entertaining. I prefer a little more discussion of the game than the Jerry Springer crap some of you have turned it into, but, it's more active than hockeyforum.com.

I wouldn't put in past a Philly fan...

Coming from a fan who probably has thrown organic matter onto the ice on more than one occassion for no other reason than everyone else was doing it. And now the Vancouver ****** bags want to throw fish on the ice like they're original. We just throw fans into the away team's penalty box in Philly.

Back